CALVAC INC., is a multi-million dollar company providing parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our services include asphalt patching, reconstruction, and resurfacing, sealcoating, crack repairs, concrete maintenance including demolition and installation of concrete curbs, walks, and pads, ADA compliance work, storm sewer repair and installation, and lot marking and striping.
Established in 1974, CALVAC INC., is a privately held company headquartered in San Jose, CA and serves the San Francisco Bay Area. We are among the top leaders in our industry. making strides in exceeding industry, customer, and employee expectations as evidenced by our customers and employees.
CALVAC INC., is currently seeking an experienced CDL Class A Truck Driver
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain all paperwork
- Maintain constant contact with Foreman to receive pickup and/or delivery instructions and keep them informed of any safety issues.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to ensure road worthiness.
- Must have knowledge and conduct maintenance of single and multi-rear axle trucks meeting the requirement for California Commercial Driver’s Licensing to include general knowledge of laws and regulations.
- Perform Pre-trip inspections (correctly complete driver’s logbook) on vehicle and be able to explain what one inspects and why.
- Maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe fashion, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over the road situations, proper signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speed to road conditions and the ability to drive daytime or nighttime.
- Safely load and unload all equipment/materials over all terrains, and properly secure loads.
- Responsible for routing fueling, lubricating, and basic servicing of vehicle
- Must understand air brakes system if the vehicle is equipped with the system
- When not driving, will be directed by foreman on tasks that need to be completed job site, shop or yard.
- May need to occasionally lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform all the above job functions in a safe manner in order to avoid personal injury and equipment damage.
- Must be open to some labor work when not operating a vehicle and be able to assist ground crews on daily tasks.
- Must have a current and valid Commercial Driver’s License for the State of California
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, and shop personnel.
- Previous commercial driving experience.
- Must be DOT certified
- Must pass a drug test and background screen
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Able to drive up to 8/10 hours daily.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive benefits package.
2645 Pacer Lane
San Jose, CA 95111